Friday, March 9, 2012

What is ALWAYS on my shopping list?

A few people have asked what foods I always have in stock at the house. These are the foods that will always show up on my food shopping list each week:


Fruits & Veggies:
Bananas
Oranges or Clemintines
Avocados
Carrots
Tomatoes
Green Beans
Sweet Potatoes
Cucumber
Onion
Garlic (chopped in a jar, or fresh)
Packs of Frozen veggies (for when youre in a bind)
Pickles (at virtually no calories, they're perfect with a sandwich or as a snack)


Breads:
English Muffins (my weakness..)
Low Calorie Bread (any kind, 40 cal a slice or less)

Grains/Pasta: 
Oatmeal (I eat it EVERY morning for breakfast)
Rice (I always have white and brown in the house)
Quick Cook Rotini (fast and easy to make)

Drinks:
Diet Pepsi (for my soda cravings)

Meat & Cheese:
 Chicken
(I ALWAYS have chicken in the house, I rarely eat red meat because of my stomach, so Chicken is my go to protein and meat for the week)
Deli Turkey
(Kreshmar or Boars Head, Yes I know its sodium packed, but nothing tastes better than turkey with avocado on a size of low cal bread)
Tuna (in water)
(I always have tuna on hand, another versatile food that you can throw in a salad or make a sandwich with really quick)
Spreadable Laughing Cow Cheese
Baby Bell Lite Cheese 


Condiments, Spices, Dips, and Add-ons:
Kens Light Options Olive Oil & Vinegar Dressing
Mustard
 Hummus
Reduced Sugar Grape Jelly
Peanut Butter
(contrary to popular, and my own, belief, Regular peanut butter is actually a LOT healthier than reduced fat. Reduced fat peanut butter actually has more sugar in it, but less fat, yet the SAME amount of calories. And the fat content difference isn't drastic.)



There are a TON of breakfast, lunch, and dinner combinations that can be made with just these foods. I sometimes fall into the "same lunch 3 days in a row" issue, but that's more so because I'm shelf life paranoid, and do not like to waste the foods I have open by letting them go past their prime dates.

Whats on your shopping list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!