Thursday, March 15, 2012

Baked Zucchini Fries!

I saw these on Pinterest and immediately remembered them from when I was younger. The only difference is, when I was younger, we fried them up on the stove. These are baked, and only 60 calories a serving! How can it get better than that? Here's how I did it, I changed the Pinterest recipe up a bit.

What you'll need:
One Egg
Italian Bread Crumbs
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder (all to taste)
One Large Zucchini
Foil, Pam, Baking Sheet


First, Mix all dry ingredients together and scramble the egg. Then, Cut up the zucchini into the size pieces you would prefer for your fries. Cover your sheet pan with a sheet of foil, and lightly spray with Pam.


Dip the zucchini sticks into the egg, and then coat them with the breadcrumb/spice mixture and lay out on foil covered sheet pan.


Bake at 425* for about 20 minutes. I turned them over after 10 minutes to brown up the other side as well. Depending on the size of your zucchini sticks, it could take more or less time. Bake until golden brown.


And you're done!! Serve with your favorite sauce! I prefer marinara sauce, but I hadn't defrosted any of my home made sauce from the freezer. So I settled for low calorie Ranch Dressing, which tasted great as well!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!