Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sick of the same old lunch..

I'm currently on the hunt for some quick/easy/low calorie lunch options that I can take to work. I feel like I'm falling back into the "soup or lean cuisine lunches every day" cycle that I fell into a year and a half ago. I've been asking around and here are some of the suggestions I've gotten so far:
 

American Bento Boxes (I will absolutely post as I make these, should be fun!)
 
My best friend gave her favorite: "I always make this sandwich: 2 hard boiled eggs, raw baby spinach, cheese and hummus on whole wheat bread... delicious and high protein!" (I'll be trying this)

Another friend suggested: "Pita, humus, bag 'o baby carrots, some walnuts"

Of course, the ever popular salad. As long as I partner it with some carbs or protein, my stomach can handle it. 


Lean Cuisines have been a long standing favorite of mine, (specifically the Panini's). Quick, easy, pop it in the microwave and it already has the calories counted out for you. However, they are definitely loaded with sodium, which can leave you bloated feeling and retaining a bit of water. They're great if I didn't have the time the night before to pack a lunch, or don't have time to run out to grab something. I always make sure theres a Lean Cuisine in the work freezer, just in case. But eating a Lean Cusine every day gets boring, and isn't always the healthiest option. Homemade lunches, and fresh foods, definitely give you more nutrients and if done right, can either be just as low calorie or lower.

What's your favorite low calorie work lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!