Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Last nights quick and easy dinner!

I was looking in the fridge to try to figure out dinner, for last night. Turns out, I had baby portabellas, red peppers, and onions, and a bottle of Low Calorie Sesame/Ginger salad dressing. First thought.. quick vegetable stirfry! I chopped up all the veggies and poured some dressing over them, and let them sit in the dressing for a little bit. My little man is sick, so I didn't want to spend the time setting up my wok, which is what I would normally use for this. So I grabbed a pan and started cooking. Just pour the dressing and veggies into the pan and saute until the vegetables are cooked to your liking. I tend to keep mine a little bit crispy. 


After the veggies are done, you can do just about anything with them. I was running low on calories for the day, so I just put the veggies themselves over some brown rice (which surprisingly enough, my son LOVED). In the past I've put them over chicken as well, or even cut up some cooked chicken and mix it in with the vegetables at the end. If I were to have brought a lunch with me today, this would have been a perfect leftover to use!

The calorie count for this will vary depending on what vegetables and dressing you use. Another way I cook vegetables in the summer is on a grill wok. I marinate chopped vegetables overnight in teriyaki marinade, and then toss them on the grill in the grill wok. This goes great paired with grilled chicken, burgers, steak, you name it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!