Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I'm thinking Pilates is my new love..

Last night I tried out two DVDs, a Yoga DVD and a Pilates DVD.

My immediate thought? Yoga is no joke, and Pilates is amazing! There's definitely nothing like a beginners Yoga dvd to remind you how out of shape you actually are. It definitely helped me stretch out enough to move on to the Pilates dvd. At one point during the Yoga set, I definitely laid down on the floor laughing at myself about how hard it was to hold my arms in the same position for 10 minutes straight. My dog thinks I'm crazy, I'm sure. I'm not going to lie, I stopped the Yoga dvd before it was over. I'm not sure if it was just the dvd itself that just made me not so interested, so I'll be trying out an alternate dvd for Yoga at some point. But for now, full blown Pilates!

I absolutely love the Pilates dvd. It was fun, and quick 10 minute work outs for each section. Mix and match the sessions, or focus on one part at a time. I did the abs, arms, and full body sessions last night. This dvd really focused on using a resistance band, and it definitely helps. I hadn't used a band before now, but its so versatile, and theres so many exercises that you can do with it. I am definitely feeling it in my abs and shoulders today, and I love it! When I can feel the burn the following day, I know I did something right. I can't wait to do it again tonight. I think I'll start with a warm up short Yoga session, and then on to abs, legs, and full body for Pilates.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!