Monday, February 27, 2012

Saturday Nights Dinner - Chicken & Onion Stirfry!

My electric wok may be my favorite kitchen item, that I own. I will take a picture of it and give details on it, however I've been told it is no longer available. I hope above hope this thing never breaks. Well I had some chicken that had to be cooked, and an onion so I figured I'd make a quick stirfry for me, the husbutt, & mini man for dinner.

Quick and Easy Chicken Stirfry:

Chicken breast, chopped into cubes
One whole onion, sliced into wedges
Chopped Garlic (to taste)
Garlic powder (to taste)
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
Soy Sauce (to taste)

This is a very "wing it" recipe, depending on the person. You can add other veggies, more or less soy sauce, sub the soy sauce with teriyaki sauce etc etc..

Throw the chicken into the wok with soy sauce on high to get it seared off a bit. Once that is seared, add the onions. Keep flipping around until the onions take the color of the soy sauce a bit. Throw in the garlic and season to taste. Cover and let simmer in the soy sauce a bit stirring every couple of minutes until chicken is cooked all the way through, and onions are desired crunchy/softness. Just make sure you add a bit of soy sauce all the way through for it to stay a little wet on the bottom of the wok. 

You can also add some olive oil to start to help move it around a bit. My wok is fully non stick so I usually dont need anything to coat it.

SO SIMPLE!! Throw this over some rice and you have yourself some dinner!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!