Monday, February 13, 2012

Turkey Sandwich Sushi.. sushi? yes. sushi.

I made these rolls (another pinterest idea.. of course) for my Bento box seen HERE. They came out great, and make lunch time way more fun. Call me a little kid, but I like to eat fun looking foods sometimes!

They're pretty easy to do. Heres what you'll need:

Two slices low calorie bread (mine is 40 calories a slice)
A wedge of your favorite flavor Laughing Cow Cheese (I used sundried tomato and basil)
two slices of deli turkey
a pickle (I used sandwich slicers)

 Cut the edges off of the bread (easier to roll) and kind of squish the bread down with your fingers a little bit. Spread half a wedge of the cheese on the top edge of the bread (it works as a glue to hold the roll together). Place a rolled up piece of turkey in the middle of the bread, along with a piece of the pickle. Then, simply roll up the bread around the turkey like you would for sushi! I cut each roll of "sushi" into 3 pieces. Perfect bite sized portions! 

Calorie total? only 90 Calories per roll! Two rolls make an awesomely fun 180 calorie lunch! 



This is another one of those recipies where you can sub out anything for anything, of course it would change the calorie count a bit. I may try these next time with shreaded carrots and other veggies with low fat cream cheese, or maybe even do a chicken type roll!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely was!! cute way to make the average sandwich not so boring lol

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!