Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Low Calorie Quick Chickpea & Olive Salad

I mentioned a chick pea and olive salad in an earlier post. I've been eating this a lot just because of how quick and easy it is. Its a great little snack, and under 150 calories a serving! I made it again last night so I figured I would post up the recipe.


Quick & Easy Chick pea and Olive Salad
Makes 4 servings - 142 Calories per serving

What you will need:
One large can of chickpeas
One small can sliced black olives
One jar green olives with pimentos
2 Tbs Kens Oil and Vinegar Light Options Dressing (or an equivalent low calorie dressing)
Garlic Powder to taste
Next Combine all ingredients into a bowl:
 
Now Mix! Add whatever spices you like into it as well to taste. I prefer to use just a bit of garlic powder, because come on, everythings better with garlic.
It is too easy! and tastes great!

You can also vary this by adding other vegetables, such as scallions or onion. Fresh tomato would taste pretty good in this as well!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!