Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Zucchini & Cheese Mini Breakfast/Snack Cakes

Tried a new recipe last night! Altered the ingredients a little bit so I'll just tell you what I did instead of linking back to it. Oh, and they're only 65 calories each!

Zucchini Mini Cakes!

What you'll Need:
Muffin Pan
Mixing Bowl
Kitchen Towel
Cheese Grater
Pam Spray

Ingredients:
2 Small Zucchini's (or one large)
1/3 Cup Bread Crumbs (I used Italian)
1/3 Cup Shredded Reduced Fat Cheese
2 Eggs (only one shown in picture, added another later)
1/4 Cup yellow onion
Salt, Pepper, Spices to taste


Preheat your oven to 400*. 

Start off by grating the Zucchini onto a clean towel. You will need to wrap up the Zucchini in the towel to squeeze out the excess water. Do it over the sink, theres a lot.


Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl.


Spoon mixture into muffin tin. My mixture filled 8 spots.


Bake at 400* for about 20 minutes, turning around in the oven half way through. Keep checking on them though, once the tops are brown they should be good to go!


They reminded me of mini breakfast quiche, so I ate mine with ketchup! They tasted awesome! I may add a little bit more cheese next time, but these were great. Also perfect to throw in todays bento box!

2 comments:

Leave a comment!