Monday, February 13, 2012

Eventful weekend.. But try these roasted chick peas!

After 6 hours at the dentist, sitting in a chair, with my mouth held open and drills going crazy.. I was ready to do nothing but sit for the rest of the weekend. However, by Sunday (and about 6 Motrin doses later..) I was finally starting to feel a bit better, so I decided food shopping would be a good idea. I was running low on ALL of my veggies, and there were a few new things I wanted to try out for this week. 

Here is one of the things I tried. (again, a recipe off of pinterest that I altered a little bit)

Roasted Chick Peas!!

Okay, these are SO easy its almost funny.

Take one can of chickpeas, rinse and blot dry.
Two teaspoons or so of Olive Oil, whatever spices you want (I used a garlic herb mix), and toss the chickpeas in it.
Spread over a cookie sheet, and bake for about 45 minutes at 375*.  
Check every 10 minutes or so, and move them around on the pan to avoid uneven cooking or burning.

Makes 4 servings, each serving is about 140 calories, but still WAY healthier than potato chips. I can just sit here and eat these like candy, its great! I've also seen a cinnamon and sugar variation, so it can either be sweet or savory.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!